Do you have a strategic plan in place? How does it look right now? You need to be able
to answer the following questions:
● What do you want to do?
● How are you going to do it?
● What would happen if you did what you want to do?
In this discussion, answer the following questions:
Question 1: Where Are We Now?
This question addresses the foundation of your organization, and serves as an outline
for the following sections of your strategic plan. In the forum, please write your answers
to the following points:
● Mission statement
● Core values and guiding principles
● Identification of competing organizations
● Identification of the need - what is the need and how significant is the issue?
Question 2: Where Are We Going?
This question helps you identify your goals for the future and assesses your current
trajectory. In the forum, please write your answers to the following points:
● Vision statement about what the organization will look like in the future
● What is happening (both internally and externally) and what needs to change
● The key ingredients necessary for success
Question 3: How Do We Get There?
This question helps you outline the how to achieve your vision, and how to align your
strengths with the need. In the forum, please write your answers to the following points:
● Specific and measurable goals
● An execution plan that identifies who manages and monitors the plan
● An evaluation plan that shows how you plan to measure the successes and
setbacks that come with implementation